The Gujarat government has rejected the resignation of suspended IPS officer D G Vanzara,citing that he is an accused in encounter cases in the state.
This came after Vanzara sent his resignation letter,in which he accused the Narendra Modi government in Gujarat of failing to protect its “loyal soldiers” who had acted under his “direct instructions”.
Vanzara has been facing charges of conspiracy and murder in the Sohrabuddin Sheikh,Tulsiram Prajapati and Ishrat Jahan encounter cases.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
He has been lodged in jail since his arrest in April 2007.
In a 10-page resignation letter dated September 1 and addressed to the additional chief secretary (home),Vanzara has accused the state government,particularly former minister of state for home Amit Shah,of betraying him and 31 other police officials arrested in encounter cases being probed by the CBI.
Although the Gujarat government termed his letter as “inconsequential”,Vanzara,in a veiled threat,said,”Mutual protection and reciprocal assistance is the unwritten law between police and government in such cases.
As the government has miserably failed in protecting its encounter police,there remains no one-sided obligation on my part to protect the traitors sitting in this government.”