A civilian was killed and four others including a CRPF jawan were wounded after unidentified men lobbed a grenade in Achabal in south Kashmir’s Anantnag District on Saturday afternoon.
Officials said that the grenade which was aimed at a CRPF patrol deployed in the area missed the target and exploded near the bus stand.
“The blast took place in the afternoon at Achbal bus stand,” said SP Anantnag Abdul Jabbar. “The injured civilians have been shifted to the hospital for treatment.”
- CRPF men foil militants’ bid to attack Srinagar camp, encounter underway
- Sunjuwan attack: Five Armymen killed in Jammu camp attack, four of them from Kashmir
- Jammu and Kashmir: A timeline of terror attacks in 2018
- Charges filed against six for killing six J-K cops last June
- J&K: Grenade lobbed at CRPF personnel in Pulawama, passerby injured
- JeM militants storm paramilitary camp in Pulwama, kill four CRPF personnel
The police officer said that they are investigating the incident.
A police official said that a critically injured civilian succumbed to his injuries at the hospital.
Soon after the attack, additional security personnel were rushed to the spot and a hunt has been launched to nab the militants.