The Centre has taken cognisance of frequent hoisting of Pakistani flags in Jammu and Kashmir, Home Minister Rajnath Singh today said, hinting at action against those involved. “We have taken cognisance of everything. I understand that no action is taken after making public statement (Main samjhata hun ki koi bhi action bolkar nahi kiya jata hai),” Singh told reporters here.
- MHA seeks answers from Tihar over reports of assault on Kashmiri prisoners
- Pakistan continuing with its antics, but Kashmir situation has improved, says Rajnath Singh
- J&K policy: Modi realises barrel of gun can never successfully mediate a solution in troubled state
- After hardtalk, Centre offers J&K dialogue; appoints ex-IB director Dineshwar Sharma as interlocutor
- No power can stop resolution of Kashmir issue: Rajnath Singh
- Govt working on a 'permanent solution' to Kashmir issue: Rajnath Singh
He was responding to a question about hoisting of Pakistani flags in Kashmir valley in last two days as well as in recent past. Earlier, government sources said security agencies have identified the youths engaged in hoisting Pakistani flags in the Valley. “Action will definitely be taken,” the sources said.
Clashes broke out today between stone-pelting youths and security forces in several areas in Srinagar and Anantnag district soon after Eid prayers even as Pakistani flags were hoisted in an interior locality of the city.
Yesterday, some separatist elements waved flags of Pakistan, Lashker-e-Toiba (LeT) and ISIS in Srinagar.