The Government is in the process of preparing a compact plan to rejuvenate river Ganga and the same parameters will be implemented to clean-up other rivers in the country, said Union Water Resources Minister, Uma Bharti, on Wednesday.
“River Ganga is a leader of other rivers like Narendra Modi is the leader of the nation. We will be implementing the parameters adopted to rejuvenate Ganga for other rivers, as well. What was lacking was a compact planning, which the Prime Minister has said it will be done. We are in the process of preparing a compact plan. The secretaries are also working in this regard”, she said.
Bharti was speaking on the sidelines of a national conference on preserving rivers. Asked about her perception about the new Government on the eve of completing 30 days, she said that the Prime Minister, his council of ministers and all ministries were working in perfect coordination.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
She also exudes confidence that people would give an overwhelming mandate in favour of BJP in 2019 also. “We have got the mandate in 2014. Similarly, we will also get better mandate in 2019”, she noted.
Earlier, addressing the gathering on the occasion, Bharti said, a meeting of technocrats, saints, environmentalists and NGOs has been called on July 5 for consultations on Ganga Rejuvenation Programme.
She further said that there was no paucity of funds for Ganga Rejuvenation Programme, while adding that the private sector has also offered help in this task and collaborations from other countries will also be considered.
The Water Resource Minister also clarified that her ministry was not opposed to power projects on rivers, but at
the same time it has to be ensured that main river is never dry during any point of the year.