The Government is in the process of preparing a compact plan to rejuvenate river Ganga and the same parameters will be implemented to clean-up other rivers in the country, said Union Water Resources Minister, Uma Bharti, on Wednesday.
“River Ganga is a leader of other rivers like Narendra Modi is the leader of the nation. We will be implementing the parameters adopted to rejuvenate Ganga for other rivers, as well. What was lacking was a compact planning, which the Prime Minister has said it will be done. We are in the process of preparing a compact plan. The secretaries are also working in this regard”, she said.
Bharti was speaking on the sidelines of a national conference on preserving rivers. Asked about her perception about the new Government on the eve of completing 30 days, she said that the Prime Minister, his council of ministers and all ministries were working in perfect coordination.
She also exudes confidence that people would give an overwhelming mandate in favour of BJP in 2019 also. “We have got the mandate in 2014. Similarly, we will also get better mandate in 2019”, she noted.
Earlier, addressing the gathering on the occasion, Bharti said, a meeting of technocrats, saints, environmentalists and NGOs has been called on July 5 for consultations on Ganga Rejuvenation Programme.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
She further said that there was no paucity of funds for Ganga Rejuvenation Programme, while adding that the private sector has also offered help in this task and collaborations from other countries will also be considered.
The Water Resource Minister also clarified that her ministry was not opposed to power projects on rivers, but at
the same time it has to be ensured that main river is never dry during any point of the year.