The government on Tuesday ordered a CBI probe into the death of Arunachal Pradesh youth Nido Taniam allegedly after an assault by a group of people here. “The family wants that the investigation should be conducted by CBI. So, we have decided to hand over the case to CBI,” Home Minister Sushil kumar Shinde told reporters after Nido’s family met him.
Shinde has assured that justice will be given to the family and guilty will be punished. Earlier, the victim’s father Nido Pavitra and other close family members had a 15-minute meeting with Shinde during which they placed their demands, including a CBI probe.
“The Home Minister gave us a patient hearing. We also requested him to do the needful to ensure security of people from Northeast living in different parts of the country,” Pavitra, a Congress MLA in Arunachal Pradesh, told reporters. 19-year-old Nido, a BA first year student in a private university, had an altercation with some shopkeepers at Lajpat Nagar here on January 29 after they made fun of his hairstyle, following which they allegedly thrashed him. He was found dead the next day.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Meanwhile, Delhi Police today told a court here that murder charges have been slapped against four persons, one of whom was arrested this morning, in connection with the youth’s death.