The government on Tuesday ordered a CBI probe into the death of Arunachal Pradesh youth Nido Taniam allegedly after an assault by a group of people here. “The family wants that the investigation should be conducted by CBI. So, we have decided to hand over the case to CBI,” Home Minister Sushil kumar Shinde told reporters after Nido’s family met him.
Shinde has assured that justice will be given to the family and guilty will be punished. Earlier, the victim’s father Nido Pavitra and other close family members had a 15-minute meeting with Shinde during which they placed their demands, including a CBI probe.
“The Home Minister gave us a patient hearing. We also requested him to do the needful to ensure security of people from Northeast living in different parts of the country,” Pavitra, a Congress MLA in Arunachal Pradesh, told reporters. 19-year-old Nido, a BA first year student in a private university, had an altercation with some shopkeepers at Lajpat Nagar here on January 29 after they made fun of his hairstyle, following which they allegedly thrashed him. He was found dead the next day.
Meanwhile, Delhi Police today told a court here that murder charges have been slapped against four persons, one of whom was arrested this morning, in connection with the youth’s death.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review