Rural Development Minister and the OBC face of BJP in Maharashtra Gopinath Munde died of multiple internal injuries and cardiac arrest suffered following a road accident in Central Delhi on Tuesday Morning.
“The minister has died of multiple internal injuries. No external wound was found on his body. When he was brought to Trauma Centre, his pulse and hearth beat were not working,” AIIMS spokesperson Dr Amit Gupta said after a team of doctors conducted a postmortem on his body.
64-year-old Munde, who made his entry into the Union Cabinet for the first time last week, was on his way to the
airport when his Maruti Suzuki SX4 car was hit by a Tata Indica car at Prithviraj Road-Tughlak Road intersection in the heart of the capital.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
Delhi Police said the Intelligence Bureau and the Special Cell were investigating whether there was any conspiracy angle behind the accident.
Munde was taken to AIIMS Trauma Centre at 6.30 AM by his personal assistant and driver and was declared dead at 7:20 AM.
Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan said Munde suffered cervical fractures and oxygen to the brain and lungs may have been cut off following the injuries.
Vardhan said Munde’s liver had tear at 2-3 places and there was one-and-half litres of blood in his abdomen because of the injury.
Explaining the possible cause of Munde’s death, he said in case of fracture at C1 and C2, the blood supply to the
brain stem gets cut off due to damage to the vertebral artery.
“The major thing that cost him very heavily was a fracture of the cervical spines C1 and C2. When you have
fracture at C1 and C2, the blood supply at the brain gets cut off because the vertebral artery gets damaged immediately,” he said.
A source at AIIMS said the Rural Development Minister died of the sudden shock as he suffered a cardiac arrest.