Rural Development Minister Gopinath Munde, who made his entry into the Union Cabinet for the first time after the Lok Sabha polls, died apparently of shock and cardiac arrest suffered during a road accident on early Tuesday morning.
64-year-old BJP leader was on his way to the airport when his car was hit by another vehicle at Prithviraj road-Tughlak road roundabout in the heart of the capital.
Here is a blow by blow account of the accident that led to Munde’s demise:
6.00 am: Gopinath Munde leaves for Indira Gandhi International Airport from his residence in his Maruti SX4.
6.20 am: A speeding Indica jumps a traffic signal and dashes into Munde’s car from the side where he was sitting at backseat.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
6.30 am: Munde is taken to the emergency department of Jai Prakash Narain Apex Traum Centre, AIIMS, by his personal assistant and driver. There is no spontaneous breathing, no blood pressure, no pulse, no cardiac
activity. Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) is given to Munde for the next 50 minutes.
6.35am: Munde’s security personnel hand over the driver of Tata Indica to Delhi Police.
7.20 am: AIIMS declares Munde dead
12.40 pm: An open army truck with Union ministers Nitin Gadkari and Harsh Vardha and Munde’s family leaves the hospital followed by an ambulance carrying Munde’s body.
2.00 pm: Union ministers and other BJP leaders pay tributes to Munde at BJP Headquarters.