Rural Development Minister Gopinath Munde, who made his entry into the Union Cabinet for the first time after the Lok Sabha polls, died apparently of shock and cardiac arrest suffered during a road accident on early Tuesday morning.
64-year-old BJP leader was on his way to the airport when his car was hit by another vehicle at Prithviraj road-Tughlak road roundabout in the heart of the capital.
Here is a blow by blow account of the accident that led to Munde’s demise:
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
6.00 am: Gopinath Munde leaves for Indira Gandhi International Airport from his residence in his Maruti SX4.
6.20 am: A speeding Indica jumps a traffic signal and dashes into Munde’s car from the side where he was sitting at backseat.
6.30 am: Munde is taken to the emergency department of Jai Prakash Narain Apex Traum Centre, AIIMS, by his personal assistant and driver. There is no spontaneous breathing, no blood pressure, no pulse, no cardiac
activity. Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) is given to Munde for the next 50 minutes.
6.35am: Munde’s security personnel hand over the driver of Tata Indica to Delhi Police.
7.20 am: AIIMS declares Munde dead
12.40 pm: An open army truck with Union ministers Nitin Gadkari and Harsh Vardha and Munde’s family leaves the hospital followed by an ambulance carrying Munde’s body.
2.00 pm: Union ministers and other BJP leaders pay tributes to Munde at BJP Headquarters.