The BJP leaders in Goa on Tuesday recalled Gopinath Munde as the ‘brain behind BJP-Maharashtrawadi Gomantak Party (MGP) alliance in the state’ and mettle behind party’s success in Goa.
The current Manohar Parrikar-led government is a BJP-MGP alliance, the union of like-minded parties conceived in the year 1994.
“The party and as leaders, we grew under the guidance of Munde at every step. The loss that we have faced in his demise cannot be expressed,” Goa chief minister Manohar Parrikar told PTI, after participating in the condolence meet organised at the party office here.
Parrikar said, “It is unfortunate incident that we lost a leader after party came to power at the Centre.”
Senior party leader and state health minister Laxmikant Parsekar termed Munde as a force behind the historic BJP-MGP pre-poll alliance.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
“Munde was a brain behind BJP-MGP alliance for 1994 state legislative assembly election. The alliance brought BJP into the state legislative assembly for the first time,” Parsekar said.
Parsekar said that Munde was a crowd-puller in talukas of Pernem, Bardez and Bicholim, where his public meetings used to be jam packed.
“He was known for his fluent oratory and we never had to work extra to pull the crowd,” Parsekar said.
Party’s Goa unit Vice President Govind Parvatkar recalled, how Munde always remembered each party leader by their names in Goa.