The BJP leaders in Goa on Tuesday recalled Gopinath Munde as the ‘brain behind BJP-Maharashtrawadi Gomantak Party (MGP) alliance in the state’ and mettle behind party’s success in Goa.
The current Manohar Parrikar-led government is a BJP-MGP alliance, the union of like-minded parties conceived in the year 1994.
“The party and as leaders, we grew under the guidance of Munde at every step. The loss that we have faced in his demise cannot be expressed,” Goa chief minister Manohar Parrikar told PTI, after participating in the condolence meet organised at the party office here.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Parrikar said, “It is unfortunate incident that we lost a leader after party came to power at the Centre.”
Senior party leader and state health minister Laxmikant Parsekar termed Munde as a force behind the historic BJP-MGP pre-poll alliance.
“Munde was a brain behind BJP-MGP alliance for 1994 state legislative assembly election. The alliance brought BJP into the state legislative assembly for the first time,” Parsekar said.
Parsekar said that Munde was a crowd-puller in talukas of Pernem, Bardez and Bicholim, where his public meetings used to be jam packed.
“He was known for his fluent oratory and we never had to work extra to pull the crowd,” Parsekar said.
Party’s Goa unit Vice President Govind Parvatkar recalled, how Munde always remembered each party leader by their names in Goa.