The body of BJP leader and Union Rural Development Minister Gopinath Munde, who died of multiple injuries and cardiac arrest suffered following a road accident in Delhi, reached Mumbai on Tuesday evening.
The funeral is expected to take place at around 4.30 pm in the premises of a sugar factory founded by Munde near Parali on Wednesday, party sources said.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
Munde, 64, who made his entry into the Union Cabinet for the first time last week, was on his way to the airport when his Maruti Suzuki SX4 car was hit by a Tata Indica car at Prithviraj Road-Tughlak Road intersection in the heart of the capital.
Delhi Police said the Intelligence Bureau and the Special Cell were investigating whether there was any conspiracy angle behind the accident.
Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan said Munde suffered cervical fractures and oxygen to the brain and lungs may have been cut off following the injuries.
Munde’s body reaches Mumbai
The special plane carrying the body, accompanied by Munde’s relatives and party members, landed at the domestic airport here. The body was taken to ‘Poorna’ building in Worli, Munde’s residence in Mumbai.
Shiv Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray, MNS chief Raj Thackeray, BJP MP Hema Malini and NCP leaders Chhagan Bhujbal and Praful Patel visited Munde’s residence to pay respects.
The body will be later kept at the state BJP office in south Mumbai to enable people pay respects to the departed leader.
It would be flown to Latur in central Maharashtra on Wednesday morning. From Latur, the body will be taken to Parali in Beed district (Munde’s Lok Sabha constituency), around 70 km from Latur.
Munde family hails from Nathra village near Parali.
(With PTI Inputs)