Under intense criticism over Badaun gangrape and murder incident, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Tuesday said a Google search would show such crimes occuring across the country.
Yadav made the assertion as he accused the media of playing up incidents taking place in UP.
“When such incidents occur it is publicised a lot…Such incidents don’t occur only in UP and if I give you statistics across the country you will again ask me questions.
It’s Google era. If you go online and check you will see where else such incidents occur,” he told reporters after a Cabinet meeting.
The Chief Minister raised a question as to whether the national media highlighted a similar crime in Bangalore in the same manner as the Badaun case.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“When a similar crime happened in Bangalore, did the national media broadcast the story they way they highlighted the UP case. Incidents are taking place in Madhya Pradesh.
I have got information that chain of a member of a big minister was snatched near her home. Rajasthan is before you.
Only UP is visible and this is more visible to cunning people,” he added.
Yadav said the state government has taken action whether it is the Badaun case or any other similar incidents.
“Badaun or any other incidents in the state, the government has taken stern action on them. In Badaun whatever steps the government could take, it took. Decision on CBI inquiry has also been taken. Wherever incident took place in the state, action has been taken,” Akhilesh said.
On June one, Akhilesh snapped at a reporter in Kanpur when he asked about the law and order situation in the state against the backdrop of the Badaun case and the Azamgarh gangrape incident.
“I hope you have not faced any danger,” shot back Akhilesh.
When the journalist said, “No”, the Chief Minister’s response was, “Thank you. You should propagate this.”