Curfew was lifted for eight hours in trouble-torn Golaghat district in upper Assam Friday after agitating groups called off their indefinite economic blockade against Nagaland, bringing much relief to both the states.
Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi , however, sought additional companies of CRPF for rapid deployment in the disputed area belt along with new security pickets in the villages close to the inter-state border with Nagaland.
The Chief Minister said that he has personally taken up the matter with the Prime Minister and Union Home Minister.
The Assam government also announced Rs 5 lakh as ex-gratia to the next of kin of those killed in the police firing and Rs 50,000 to those who sustained serious injuries.
Two persons had died on the spot in police firing while another succumbed to injuries later.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
The government also announced Rs 5 lakh ex-gratia for the next of kin of Ajit Tanti, who died after being run over by a speeding truck while fleeing police lathicharge in Numaligarh.
CM for CBI probe
Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi Friday announced that his government would entrust the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) for a thorough probe into the violence along the Assam-Nagaland border that apparently had its roots in the kidnapping of two youths allegedly by Naga miscreants on June 26.