Three days after a minor girl of a village in Cuttack district committed suicide after being blackmailed by a boy of the same village over her porn clip, police arrested the main accused and his accomplice on Saturday night.
A police team, led by a Deputy SP, arrested the accused, a minor, from Purushottam Express at Cuttack railway station along with his accomplice Janmejay Barik.
On Wednesday night, the 16-year-old girl from a village in Cuttack drank poison after the accused made public the video clip of their sexual act on a social networking site. The victim had written her matriculation exam a month ago. In his FIR, the victim’s father alleged that the accused had forced his daughter to have sexual relationship with him.
- Amid outrage over Kathua, four rape cases lodged in single day in UP; victims in three are children
- 24-year-old held for raping and blackmailing minor girl in Delhi: Police
- Kathua, Unnao rape cases: NCP attacks BJP over shielding accused
- School for hearing, speech impaired: Couple arrested for ‘hushing up’ sexual assault on minor girls
- Teenage girl travelling with her brother gang raped in Madhya Pradesh
- Delhi: Trafficking gang busted, three minor girls rescued
The police lodged a case under Section 376, 306 of IPC, Section 4 and 12 of POCSO Act and Section 66 and 67 of IT Act, 2008 against the accused.
Sub divisional police officer of Salepur, Suryakanta Ray, said the accused told them that he had videorecorded the sexual act. “The accused and the victim were in love for one-and-a-half years. However, the accused had developed physical relationship with her just a month ago. The accused claimed that Barik then transferred the clip to his mobile phone without his knowledge,” said Ray.
Barik then reportedly sold the video clip for Rs 500 to two persons. The video clip was reportedly uploaded to Facebook by one of them. Both of them are on the run.
The arrested will be produced in a court on Monday.