A day after the CBI announced that it will not be filing a chargesheet against the five accused at this stage of investigation, the family of the two sisters in the alleged Badaun gangrape case cried foul and vowed to take the matter up before a court. This, while the parents of the accused expressed relief over the turn of events.
“The CBI is not filing a chargesheet presently against the five accused who are in custody because forensic tests have ruled out sexual assault. However, we have not a given clean chit to anyone. Though rape has been ruled out, murder has not. We are investigating the matter,” CBI spokesperson Kanchan Prasad said.
The five accused — three brothers and two police constables — who are currently in prison, are liable to walk out on bail as their 90-day term ends this week.
The father of one of the victims said, “How can the CBI rule out rape when the accused publicly confessed to the crime in the village when they were caught? Secondly, the clothes of my daughter and niece that the CBI claim they based their decision of on, could have been anybodys. I have no proof that they were my daughter and her cousin’s clothes. Thirdly, why did the agency delay the second autopsy when we had categorically asked for one? The river water rose and submerged their graves by the time the CBI came down, making it impossible to exhume the bodies.”
He said he was going to take the matter up to the courts.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Meanwhile, the parents of the three accused appeared almost ignorant about the CBI decision. The boys’ father said that it was God’s grace that truth had prevailed. He said that he did not know what his sons had really done. “Yes, someone read out to me the CBI’s announcement yesterday. But I do not know how to go about the bail application and I will have to sell one of the two buffaloes I own for money I will need to get my sons out,” he said.
The victim’s father said he had thrown the cell phone recovered from the elder of the two victims’ in a fit of rage and that the pair of slippers his family handed over to the CBI much later in the case had been lying at the foot of the mango tree all the while.
He also claimed that he had transferred Rs 1 lakh to the account of the lone witness because he was in need of financial help.
The CBI had earlier raised doubts over these inconsistencies.