Lauding Julia Minz for cracking into top 10 in the Class XII examination notwithstanding supplementing her family’s income through manual labour, Jharkhand HRD Minister Geetashree Oraon on Saturday assured her all support for higher studies.
“It’s a big achievement. Incredible! Other girls will definitely take inspiration from her feat,” Oraon said.
Minz, a resident of Bero, about 40 km from Ranchi, accomplished ninth position (Arts) among the top 10 in the state when Jharkhand Academic Council (JAC) announced the Plus-II examination results on Friday.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
“The girl overcame her father’s death early in life and focused on studies. She deserves kudos. I told JAC yesterday to explore how we can extend support to children from the weaker section in future,” the minister said.
“Our social welfare department will ponder over how to help financially the weaker sections of the society to help them carry forward their studies,” she said.
Besides pursuing her studies, Minz reportedly worked with her mother as a manual labourer in Bero block of Ranchi district to supplement the family’s earnings.