Ishpreet Kaur, 18, a student of class 12 committed suicide by hanging at her home near Sunil Park on Jassian road on Tuesday. Reportedly, she took the extreme step fearing poor results of board exams.
The victim was alone at home when the incident happened. The father of the deceased who is a property dealer, was in his office and the mother was at a private school where she teaches.
- MBBS student ends life in Ludhiana
- TV actor found hanging at her flat in Kolkata
- Pune Class XII students allege they were ‘strip searched’ at HSC exam centre
- Kolkata: Girl kills self after boyfriend posts her pictures on Facebook
- Depressed over not bearing son, woman kills self, three daughters in Karnataka
- Hyderabad teen suicide: 3 school officials, including teacher, arrested
On the same afternoon, when the family members returned home they were shocked to see Kaur’s lifeless body hanging from the ceiling fan. On being informed, the division number 4 police reached the spot and initiated investigation.
The police filed the proceedings under section 174 of CrPC.
Inspector Gurpreet Singh, SHO at division number 4 said, “The parents have said that since the end of her board exams, the girl was nervous and under depression. She was not consuming food properly and remained quiet. As per preliminary investigation, the step was taken due to fear of exam results.”