A team of Patna police, headed by an SP rank officer, is likely to visit Nagpur to trace the source of Rs 1.14 crore cash which a thief has claimed he has stolen from Nawada BJP MP Giriraj Singh’s Patna residence.
The MP, who had earlier said only Rs 50,000 was stolen from his house, has now claimed that the money belonged to his cousin Rakesh Kumar Singh who is in realty, maize processing and poultry farm business in Nagpur.
Police said Rakesh, who was asked to produce relevant documents to substantiate his ownership claim over the recovered cash, claimed that he had kept Rs 1.20 crore cash at the flat of the MP “with the plan to expand his business”.
“The chartered accountant of Rakesh’s company said Rs 80 lakh came from selling five acres of agricultural land near Nagpur to a Patna resident and Rs 35 lakh was received as loan from a bank in Pune.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
“The cash, the MP claimed, was kept at his home to make payment for the purchase of maize from Khagaria and adjoining districts,” said SSP in-charge of Patna, Rajiv Mishra.