A team of Patna police, headed by an SP rank officer, is likely to visit Nagpur to trace the source of Rs 1.14 crore cash which a thief has claimed he has stolen from Nawada BJP MP Giriraj Singh’s Patna residence.
The MP, who had earlier said only Rs 50,000 was stolen from his house, has now claimed that the money belonged to his cousin Rakesh Kumar Singh who is in realty, maize processing and poultry farm business in Nagpur.
Police said Rakesh, who was asked to produce relevant documents to substantiate his ownership claim over the recovered cash, claimed that he had kept Rs 1.20 crore cash at the flat of the MP “with the plan to expand his business”.
“The chartered accountant of Rakesh’s company said Rs 80 lakh came from selling five acres of agricultural land near Nagpur to a Patna resident and Rs 35 lakh was received as loan from a bank in Pune.
“The cash, the MP claimed, was kept at his home to make payment for the purchase of maize from Khagaria and adjoining districts,” said SSP in-charge of Patna, Rajiv Mishra.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016