Over a year after two Indian soldiers were killed — one was beheaded and the other mutiliated — by Pakistani forces along the Line of Control (LoC) in January last year, outgoing Army Chief General Bikram Singh said on Thursday that India gave a befitting reply to Pakistan.
Talking to reporters before demitting office, he said, “It (retaliation) has been done. Please understand that when we use force, that use is from tactical to operational to strategic levels.”
Soon after the incident on January 8 last year, Singh had said the Army would “retaliate at a time and place of its choice”.
On Thursday, he said his comment was aimed “at the operational and tactical level”. Asked if India had retaliated, he said, “It has been done at the tactical level by local commanders… chiefs don’t get involved in it.”
While Lance Naik Hemraj was beheaded, the body of Lance Naik Sudhakar Singh was found mutiliated along the LoC in Poonch sector of J&K.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Asked about the possibility of a skirmish with China, Singh said, “I do not foresee this as we have got robust mechanisms which are in place. There is an understanding at the macro level… When I went to China, there was tremendous understanding between the two countries.”