Over a year after two Indian soldiers were killed — one was beheaded and the other mutiliated — by Pakistani forces along the Line of Control (LoC) in January last year, outgoing Army Chief General Bikram Singh said on Thursday that India gave a befitting reply to Pakistan.
Talking to reporters before demitting office, he said, “It (retaliation) has been done. Please understand that when we use force, that use is from tactical to operational to strategic levels.”
Soon after the incident on January 8 last year, Singh had said the Army would “retaliate at a time and place of its choice”.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
On Thursday, he said his comment was aimed “at the operational and tactical level”. Asked if India had retaliated, he said, “It has been done at the tactical level by local commanders… chiefs don’t get involved in it.”
While Lance Naik Hemraj was beheaded, the body of Lance Naik Sudhakar Singh was found mutiliated along the LoC in Poonch sector of J&K.
Asked about the possibility of a skirmish with China, Singh said, “I do not foresee this as we have got robust mechanisms which are in place. There is an understanding at the macro level… When I went to China, there was tremendous understanding between the two countries.”