Former Chief Minister of Rajasthan Ashok Gehlot has accused the Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje of misleading people on the issues of financial management of his former government and about the projects of oil refinery and Jaipur Metro rail.
Reacting to Raje’s blame in her budget speech on Monday about the financial mismanagement by the former government, Gehlot defended his previous government’s financial management which he termed as excellent and said it was also appreciated by the then Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
“We presented surplus budget for three consecutive years. Our government introduced several schemes and former Prime Minister, C&AG, RBI, 13th Finance Commission appreciated our fiscal management and financial indicators,” Gehlot said in a statement here.
Raje in the budget speech in the house yesterday came down heavily on the former government and questioned financial viability of oil refinery and metro rail, the two pet projects of the Gehlot government.
Gehlot questioned whether Raje’s remark that 110 ROB or 500 km long roads can be constructed with Rs 3400 crore (cost of the Jaipur metro rail project) was contradictory to the policy of the NDA government.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“The Union government has announced to run bullet trains and metro trains. Experts have estimated cost of the bullet train at 60,000 crore and as per Raje’s estimate, almost 88.
“235 km long roads or almost 1941 ROB can be constructed with such huge amount. So, Raje should suggest Prime Minister Narendra Modi to stop making efforts for bullet and metro trains,” he said.