The Delhi High Court on Monday sought a response from the city police on a plea seeking cancellation of bail of former Haryana minister Gopal Goyal Kanda in the airhostess Geetika Sharma suicide case.
The plea, filed by the brother of Geetika, alleged that Kanda being an “influential” politician, may tamper with evidence and influence the witnesses in the trial.
Justice V P Vaish issued notice to Delhi Police and fixed the plea for further hearing on April 17.
The trial court had on March 4 granted bail to Kanda after the high court had enlarged co-accused Aruna Chadha on bail.
The trial court had observed that Kanda was in judicial custody since August 2012 in the case.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Chadha was arrested on August 8, last year while Kanda had surrendered on August 18.
They are facing trial for offence of abetting the suicide of 23-year-old Geetika, who was earlier employed as an airhostess in Kanda’s MDLR airlines.
Both the accused have also been charged with forgery for cheating and harming the reputation of the victim.
Geetika was found dead on August 5, 2012 at her Ashok Vihar residence in north west Delhi. In her suicide note, she had said she was ending her life due to “harassment” by Kanda and Chadha.
The police had in its charge sheet said Kanda was obsessed with the victim and was putting pressure on her to come back to his company.