The Delhi High Court on Monday sought a response from the city police on a plea seeking cancellation of bail of former Haryana minister Gopal Goyal Kanda in the airhostess Geetika Sharma suicide case.
The plea, filed by the brother of Geetika, alleged that Kanda being an “influential” politician, may tamper with evidence and influence the witnesses in the trial.
Justice V P Vaish issued notice to Delhi Police and fixed the plea for further hearing on April 17.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
The trial court had on March 4 granted bail to Kanda after the high court had enlarged co-accused Aruna Chadha on bail.
The trial court had observed that Kanda was in judicial custody since August 2012 in the case.
Chadha was arrested on August 8, last year while Kanda had surrendered on August 18.
They are facing trial for offence of abetting the suicide of 23-year-old Geetika, who was earlier employed as an airhostess in Kanda’s MDLR airlines.
Both the accused have also been charged with forgery for cheating and harming the reputation of the victim.
Geetika was found dead on August 5, 2012 at her Ashok Vihar residence in north west Delhi. In her suicide note, she had said she was ending her life due to “harassment” by Kanda and Chadha.
The police had in its charge sheet said Kanda was obsessed with the victim and was putting pressure on her to come back to his company.