Madhya Pradesh’s octogenarian Home minister Babulal Gaur gave his party leaders, including women, some uncomfortable moments at the BJP office here when he recalled how the wife of a Russian leader was curious about his dhoti.
The occasion was a state-level convention organised by the party’s naturopathy cell and an international naturopathy organisation on Sunday. Addressing the event, the 84-year-old former chief minister reportedly said the wife of a Russian leader was curious about how he wore the dhoti without a zip or a belt.
“I told her I can’t teach you how to wear it, but I can certainly teach you how to remove it, but that too later not now,’’ local newspapers quoted the veteran leader as saying during the event, also attended by BJP’s state unit chief Nandkumar Chouhan.
- With Shah’s clarification, my ouster proves to be wrong: Babulal Gaur
- Know Babulal Gaur, the minister of controversies
- Video shows MP minister Babulal Gaur touching woman inappropriately
- Congress demands Babulal Gaur’s apology over remarks about women
- Rape is sometimes wrong and sometimes right, a social problem, no govt can prevent it: Babulal Gaur
- Babulal Gaur in full flow and against the tide
Guar, whose utterances often border on double entendre, including those made on the floor of the assembly, told the gathering that he was kissed on the forehead by a Russian woman and he prevented some more women from doing so.
“Russian women are healthy. Had that photograph (of a woman kissing his forehead) been available locally, BJP would not have given a ticket in the first place,’’ he said.
When his comment had the audience in splits, he went on to describe the dhoti incident that made some party leaders and workers a little uncomfortable.
When the media sought his explanation for the comments, he brushed the queries aside saying, “I have said what I had to say.’’