A 51-year old Danish National was allegedly gangraped on Tuesday evening in Connaught Place, when she lost her way back to the hotel.
The Danish woman alleged that she was taken to a secluded place before being robbed, beaten and gangraped by the men at knife point.
Tuesday’s incident is the latest in a series of sexual assaults on foreign women.
In August, a 28-year-old American national travelling from Churchgate was assaulted and attacked with a blade by an unknown person inside a suburban railway train near Marine Lines. The victim, Michel Mark, who was working with an NGO, was on her way home at Goregaon.
A 30-year-old American tourist was allegedly gangraped by a truck driver and two others in a truck in Manali in June. The victim was also robbed of her belongings. The three accused, all reported to be 19-24 years old, were suspected to be local youths.
Two days after the incident of gangrape of the Swiss tourist, a 25-year-old UK woman jumped off a hotel room in Agra to save herself from an alleged sexual assault bid. The tourist, who had checked into the hotel in Idgah area of the city, had claimed that a man entered her room for giving her a massage and tried to molest her.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
In March, a Swiss woman, who was on a cycle holiday with her husband, was reportedly gangraped at a secluded spot in Madhya Pradesh’s Datia town. In her complaint, the 39-year-old Swiss national had alleged that a group of eight men attacked them and beat her husband up.
Later in February, a Chinese woman working as a trainee at a Gurgaon firm alleged rape by a party organiser in Delhi’s Hauz Khas area. In her complaint, she had said that the man called her to his home on January 30 where he raped her. Following the incident, China had issued an advisory for its citizens, especially women, staying in India to be on alert and avoid going out alone.
In January 2013, a South Korean woman was allegedly drugged and raped in Madhya Pradesh. In her complaint filed two weeks after the incident, the 23-year-old tourist had alleged that she was raped by a waiter of a hotel in Bandhavgarh Tiger Reserve, located in Umaria district of Madhya Pradesh.