In the backdrop of the Ganga rejuvenation project being undertaken by the Centre, the government Monday said an action plan for the clean-up of the Ganga and Yamuna rivers may be formulated by the year-end after a consultation with the stakeholders.
In reply to a question in Parliament, the Ministry of Water Resources said the government expects to formulate the action plan by December.
A Memorandum of Agreement for 10 years was signed in 2010 by the Ministry of Environment and Forests and a consortium of seven IITs for preparation of Ganga River Basin Management Plan. The National Institute of Hydrology, Roorkee, BHU, and other universities and research institutes are also involved in the plan, the ministry said.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls