The National Investigation Agency has revealed that the Indian Mujahideen (IM) had been planning to carry out blasts in Jaipur, Ajmer, Delhi, Mumbai and some Gujarat towns, soon after the main accused in Patna’s Gandhi Maidan blasts, Haider Ali, was arrested this May. NIA also learnt that Haider’s associates had planned to escape to Afghanistan after triggering the blasts.
The NIA on Friday filed a chargesheet against against nine IM and one SIMI suspects in connection with the October 27th Gandhi Maidan blasts, which was the venue for Narendra Modi’s Hunkar rally. The names of the accused are Numan Ansari, Haider Ali, Mohammed Mujibullah Ansari, Umar Siddiqui, Azharuddin Qureshi, Ahmed Hussain, Faqruddin, Mohammed, Mohammed Iftekhar Alam and a minor (identity protected). Most of the accused are from Ranchi’s Sithio module.
NIA said that the accused had planned Gandhi Maidan blasts after they failed to come close to Modi at previous rallies in Delhi, Chhatisgarh and UP. Six people were killed in the Patna blasts and two accused were arrested on the spot, and one of them had later succumbed to bullet injuries.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
This is the second chargesheet in Gandhi Maidan blasts case. In April, NIA had filed a chargesheet against Imtiaz Ansari after arresting him.
The major element of surprise is NIA not filing a case against one of IM kingpins Tehseen Akhtar alias Monu — arrested by IM in another case — in Gandhi Maidan blast case. Monu, second most wanted after IM mastermind Yasin Bhatkal, reportedly had played a key role in planning the Gandhi Maidan blasts and had later invited Haider Ali from Ranchi. A total of 17 bombs — seven of them had detonated — were found in and around Gandhi Maidan.
NIA has filed the chargesheet in a special NIA court and said that they had gathered enough evidence against the accused. The chargesheet said SIMI member Azharuddin Qureshi had been planning to escape to Afghanistan via Pakistan.