President Pranab Mukherjee on Friday expressed grief over the loss of lives in a GAIL gas pipeline mishap in Andhra Pradesh and wished speedy recovery to the injured.
In his message to state Governor E S L Narasimhan, the President said, “I am extremely saddened to learn about the explosion of a GAIL gas pipeline in East Godavari District of Andhra Pradesh in which some persons have lost their lives and many others are injured.
“I am sure that the state government and other agencies are taking necessary steps to provide urgent medical assistance to the injured and all possible aid to the bereaved families who have lost their near and dear ones.”
“Please convey my heartfelt condolences to the families of the deceased. I wish speedy recovery to the injured persons,” he said in his message.
14 persons were charred to death and 18 others injured in the accident.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016