The accused in a blackmail and sex scandal who was found hiding out in a legislators’ hostel here last week had made high-profile people from business and politics his targets.
Jayachandran would allegedly film NRIs and political leaders with women in hotels and apartments, and then blackmail them. The scandal broke earlier this month when an NRI complained to Kochi police after the gang sought Rs 3 crore from him.
Jayachandran was arrested on Wednesday night from outside the legislator’s hotel following a tip-off. He had reportedly got out to escape the police. He was allegedly found to be staying in a hostel room taken on behalf of Congress state general secretary Sarathchandra Prasad, in Prasad’s capacity as an ex-legislator. Ex-legislators get rooms at the hostel for Rs 10 a day.
Jayachandran’s gang, including women and their male handlers, reportedly showed the businessman visuals of him with two women, who have also been arrested. He was threatened that the video would be released to his family and friends.
A friend of the complainant who was also blackmailed committed suicide allegedly under pressure. Both had stakes in real estate. Apart from the two women and Jayachandran, police have arrested two others.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
Sarathchandra Prasad has claimed he had taken the room at the legislators’ hostel for Congressman Sunil Kottarakkara, and that he was not aware Jayachandran lived there.
Prasad admitted however that Jayachandran had attended an iftar party he had hosted in Thiruvananathapuram.
Blaming the controversy on his rivals, Prasad said: “It is easy to trample on a fallen person.”
DCP (Kochi) R Nishanthini said police were right now only looking into the complaint of the NRI. “The political links of the accused are not relevant to the case,” she said.
Meanwhile, following the controversy, the Assembly Secretariat Saturday cracked down on persons staying illegally at the legislators’ hostel.