A fresh batch of pilgrims today left from the base camp in Jammu to the cave shrine of Amarnath in South Kashmir Himalayas amid tight security.
The batch, which included 1,418 men, 406 women and 25 children, left in a cavalcade of 60 vehicles from Bhagwati Nagarbase camp in Jammu at 5:04 AM, a police official said.
- Over 8 lakh pilgrims visited Amarnath shrine in last three years
- Small batch of 1027 pilgrims leave for Amarnath
- 75,000 pilgrims pay obeisance at Amarnath cave shrine
- Another batch of pilgrims leave for Amarnath
- 18,000 pilgrims pay obeisance at Amarnath cave shrine
- 19th batch of pilgrims leave for Amarnath yatra
The convoy has already crossed Tamatar Morh on Jammu-Srinagar National Highway and would reach its destination at Baltal and Pahalgam base camps by this evening.
With today’s batch, as many as 6,871 pilgrims have so far left from Jammu base camp for Amarnath shrine.
As many as 18,321 pilgrims have paid obeisance at the shrine till last evening.