French President Francois Hollande has invited Prime Minister Narendra Modi to visit France, French Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius said here today.
The invitation will be personally delivered by Fabius, who will be calling on the Prime Minister tomorrow morning.
“I will convey to Prime Minister Modi an invitation on behalf of President Hollande for an official visit as early as possible. Possibly in September, when the Prime Minister goes to New York for UN General Assembly or on his way back,” the French minister told reporters.
Fabius, who is in India for four days, held “fruitful” consultations with his Indian counterpart Sushma Swaraj earlier in the day on key bilateral, regional and international issues, including civil nuclear cooperation, defence and economic ties, apart from the situation in Iraq.
Noting that India-France ties can be summarised in two words “trust and partnership”, the visiting leader said he had conveyed the assurance of his people for strengthening the friendship to his counterpart during the meeting.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More