Government on Tuesday said four youth from Maharashtra have disappeared after leaving for Mosul from Baghdad in Iraq.
Minister of State for Home Kiren Rijiju informed Lok Sabha that four youth from Kalyan area of Thane district in Maharashtra travelled to Iraq under the guise of a pilgrimage tour.
Rijiju said all of them, along with a group of pilgrims, left Mumbai international airport on their valid passports and out of the four, one Fahaad had left a letter for his parents that he was going for “Allah’s work”.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“These youth are reported to be native of the same locality in Thane, Maharashtra, and all of them are educated. They left Mumbai for Baghdad via Abu Dhabi. After reaching Baghdad, they all were with the travel group for the holy visit for first few days and then reportedly got separated from the group.
“It has been reported that they took a taxi for Mosul which is situated about 400 km away from Baghdad. Detailed enquiries are still being conducted by Maharashtra Police into the disappearance of these boys on their visit to Iraq,” he said replying a written question.
The Minister said no other incident has come to the notice of the government but it has been keeping watch on these development and will react appropriately.
There have been media reports that the four youth have joined insurgent group Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS), which is fighting the Iraqi forces.