Government on Tuesday said four youth from Maharashtra have disappeared after leaving for Mosul from Baghdad in Iraq.
Minister of State for Home Kiren Rijiju informed Lok Sabha that four youth from Kalyan area of Thane district in Maharashtra travelled to Iraq under the guise of a pilgrimage tour.
Rijiju said all of them, along with a group of pilgrims, left Mumbai international airport on their valid passports and out of the four, one Fahaad had left a letter for his parents that he was going for “Allah’s work”.
“These youth are reported to be native of the same locality in Thane, Maharashtra, and all of them are educated. They left Mumbai for Baghdad via Abu Dhabi. After reaching Baghdad, they all were with the travel group for the holy visit for first few days and then reportedly got separated from the group.
“It has been reported that they took a taxi for Mosul which is situated about 400 km away from Baghdad. Detailed enquiries are still being conducted by Maharashtra Police into the disappearance of these boys on their visit to Iraq,” he said replying a written question.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The Minister said no other incident has come to the notice of the government but it has been keeping watch on these development and will react appropriately.
There have been media reports that the four youth have joined insurgent group Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS), which is fighting the Iraqi forces.