BY: ADIL AKHZER
Four community kitchen-workers died and two others were injured when a gas cylinder exploded near Baltal base camp of Amarnath Yatra in central Kashmir’s Ganderbal district on Tuesday.
The injured workers have been rushed to the hospital where they are said to be stable.
Officials said fire broke out in the Shiv Shakti Bandara Langer Tuesday morning in Domail after a gas cylinder exploded. Officials say that the cause of explosion and fire was leakage of gas.
“An unfortunate incident occurred at 4.15 am when the breakfast was being cooked in Shiv Shakti Bandara, and a gas cylinder exploded after the leakage of a LPG pipe,” said Deputy Commissioner Ganderbal Sarmad Hafeez.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
He said the fire was brought under control immediately.
“Fire tenders rushed to the spot after the incident and the fire was doused,” he said.
Meanwhile, an Assistant Sub-Inspector of J-K Police was thrashed allegedly by a group of Army personnel’s when he asked an army men to show the identification card at the last entry point in Baltal base camp Monday evening.