BY: ADIL AKHZER
Four community kitchen-workers died and two others were injured when a gas cylinder exploded near Baltal base camp of Amarnath Yatra in central Kashmir’s Ganderbal district on Tuesday.
The injured workers have been rushed to the hospital where they are said to be stable.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Officials said fire broke out in the Shiv Shakti Bandara Langer Tuesday morning in Domail after a gas cylinder exploded. Officials say that the cause of explosion and fire was leakage of gas.
“An unfortunate incident occurred at 4.15 am when the breakfast was being cooked in Shiv Shakti Bandara, and a gas cylinder exploded after the leakage of a LPG pipe,” said Deputy Commissioner Ganderbal Sarmad Hafeez.
He said the fire was brought under control immediately.
“Fire tenders rushed to the spot after the incident and the fire was doused,” he said.
Meanwhile, an Assistant Sub-Inspector of J-K Police was thrashed allegedly by a group of Army personnel’s when he asked an army men to show the identification card at the last entry point in Baltal base camp Monday evening.