Tuesday, Sep 30, 2014

Four charred to death in fire mishap

Press Trust of India | Ghaziabad | Posted: February 21, 2014 10:39 am

Four persons, including three children, were charred to death when a massive fire broke out at a godown of old clothes in Bhopra area of Sahibabad in the wee hours on Friday.

The children’s mother and their infant brother were injured in the fire. “Six persons lived in the clothes godown. Six victims were charred to death in the fire while a woman along with her infant son managed to escape,” A P Singh, Chief Fire Officer (CFO), Ghaziabad, said.

Singh said the fire department received a call at 12.35 AM. After a few hours, fire was completely doused. According to initial investigations, the fire might have broken out when the victims were making food inside the godown. The deceased have been identified as Sattan (75), Maneesha (15), Nukul (12) and Bheem (10). Police said that Sattan is grandfather of three children who lived in the godown.

comments powered by Disqus
Featured ad: Discount Shopping
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,076 other followers