Four bodies – including of two pre-teens – were fished out from two swollen rivers in Mizoram on Monday by volunteers that have been searching for the bodies for almost three days.
Lalrinpuia, 13, and Lalrosanga, 12, had gone missing on Saturday evening on the banks of the Tuirivang river near Phulpui village where they lived. They had gone to the river to fish.
A search operation involving volunteers from several neighboring villages began that night itself, and all churches in the area closed their doors on Sunday so villagers could take part in the search.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The search continued through the night when, at 11 am Monday, volunteers found the bodies of the two boys after pulling out some bamboo poles they had stuck in the river to grab the bodies as they were swept downriver.
In another incident, volunteers found the bodies of two men who went missing after a maxicab they were traveling in from Hailakandi in Assam plunged into the swollen Tlawng river around midnight Thursday.
Five of their co-passengers had been thrown out of the vehicle as it tumbled down the gorge bordering the river, and the second driver had fled and returned to Assam.
A massive search operation involving several hundred volunteers was launched Friday to find the two missing men, including the driver Mintu Deb and another person identified only as Vinod.
Their bodies were finally found around 9 am Monday several score downriver volunteers, and were sent home to their families after post-mortems.