The court of Additional District and Sessions Judge Harpreet Kaur Randhawa on Friday sentenced former Akali leader Ranjit Singh Rana and four others to rigorous imprisonment for life in ASI Ravinderpal Singh murder case, which had hit the headlines in December 2012.
The police officer was gunned down for objecting to harassment of his daughter.
The ASI was shot dead by Rana on December 5, 2012 at a place close to the Chehharta police station in public view.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Rana, who had emerged from his black SUV, first emptied his revolver, firing shots towards the ASI and his daughter Robinjit Kaur, before going away from the scene while issuing a threat and returning soon after with a gun to shoot the ASI dead from a point-blank range.