Bihar Chief Minister Jeetan Ram Manjhi on Friday ordered a probe into the teachers’ forged degrees scam and said all “fake” teachers would be dismissed and legal action would be also taken against them.
The chief minister was reacting to The Indian Express reports, published on Thursday and Friday, about how more than 20,000 teachers had managed to get jobs during the mass appointment of contract teachers between 2006 and 2012 by allegedly bribing appointing authorities at five levels from panchayat to district.
“We have taken a very serious note of the revelation on large scale appointment of teachers on forged degrees. We are getting it probed thoroughly at all levels and will take action against such teachers and the officials responsible for it,” Manjhi told reporters on the sidelines of a function here.
Education Minister Brishen Patel said the department had already intensified the degree verification drive. ‘We have asked officials concerned to look into the matter and ensure that those getting jobs on forged degrees are removed,” said Patel. He, however, could not answer the question of an RJD legislator in the legislative council on what the government had done to remove about 250 contract teachers, who allegedly got jobs on forged degrees in Jamui. The minister sought time to answer the question.
BJP legislature party leader Sushil Kumar Modi told The Indian Express later, “Since the minister was not equipped to take questions on the teachers’ forged degrees, he might well have got away with counter queries from us today. We will not rest till the government orders a full-fledged inquiry to verify the degrees of all 1.42 lakh contract teachers.”
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
On what the BJP, which was an alliance partner of JD(U) till June 2013, had done to sack such teachers, he said: “We had no measure of such largescale bungling. Nothing should prevent the state government from removing teachers with forged degrees. As a responsible opposition, we will keep the heat on Manjhi government.”