With Gurgaon MP Rao Inderjit declaring intentions to end his association with the Congress,Opposition parties,the Indian National Lok Dal (INLD) and the BJP,have stepped efforts to woo the veteran leader with good reason. At stake is a window into the Ahirwal region that encompasses the Assembly constituencies of Gurgaon,Rewari,Ateli,Kosli,Narnaul,Pataudi,Mahendergarh,Nuh,Punhana,Hathin and Ferozepur Zhirka.
The region has been dominated by the Congress with the ruling party holding seven Assembly seats here while the remaining four are equally shared by the INLD and Independents. Raos decision is likely to divide Ahirwal region. The Opposition had already been in touch with the Gurgaon MP ever since he waged a war against Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda over the charges of regionalism and nepotism.
To compound the Congress woes,certain areas of Jhajjar which forms part of the Rohtak Lok Sabha constituency represented by Deepender Hooda son of Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda falls in the Ahirwal zone. Rao has announced that he will hold his next rally at Jhajjar.
The Haryana Congress,however,is putting up a brave face and has instead mocked Rao Inderjits declaration to get rid of Congress politics. Who is he to decide whether he will contest on a Congress ticket or not? It is not him but the Congress high command that takes a call on tickets. Surprisingly,he has not quit the party or even his membership of the Lok Sabha because he wants to retain his position as an MP. Had he resigned there would have been by-election which would have shown him his place because he has more than six months remaining term, state Congress chief Phool Chand Mullana told The Indian Express.
Mullana went a step further and almost dared Rao to take a straight decision rather than circumventing political moves to save his chair. Kursi bacha rahe hain (He is saving his chair). This is his old style and if he is so sure he should test the waters by jumping in the river, the Congress chief said.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
On possible disciplinary action against Rao over his public display of discontent,Mullana said: The party high command is watching everyone. Proper action will be taken at the appropriate time. As for as the state unit is concerned we have already brought his actions to the notice of the high command.
Mullana has sent a report regarding Inderjits assertions to Congress general secretary and in-charge of Haryana affairs Shakeel Ahmed demanding strict action against the MP for his anti-party activities. The report also mentions previous instances of Inderjits statements against the government,its functioning and the party. Ahmed has said that the party high command will take a decision on the issue after seeking a reply from the rebellious MP.
State Power Minister Captain Ajay Singh Yadav,another powerful leader from Ahirwal,admitted that Raos exit will have its impact in the region. He had been speaking against the government for the past more than a year over the issues of development. People might have been under his influence to believe a few of his allegations but then we have enough time to dispel those misconceptions before the state goes to election next year, he said. Yadav,an OBC is being seen as a replacement for Rao from the Gurgaon Lok Sabha seat. His name is also doing the rounds for the state Congress chief post.