Food Poisionong: 2 dead, 25 ill after taking prasad

At least 27 people were taken to the hospital because of food poisoning, officials of the hospital said.

By: Press Trust of India | Burdwan | Published:December 6, 2014 4:43 pm

Two women died and at least 25 others were hospitalised after eating ‘prasad’ in Purbasthali area of Burdwan district, hospital officials said on Saturday.

The affected people consumed prasad at a house in Vidyanagar village under Purbasthali I block after a puja
which was held on the occasion of ‘nabanna’, the harvest festival of Bengal, on Friday afternoon.

Hosts and guests were taken ill soon after and at least 27 were taken to Srirampur Rural Hospital where two women died because of food poisoning, officials of the hospital said.

While Lalita Debnath died on Friday, Lakshmi Bag died on Saturday morning. The latter is the mother of the person at whose house the puja was organised.

Have You Tried These 15 Minutes Recipes Yet?

For all the latest India News, download Indian Express App

    Live Cricket Scores & Results