Prime Minister Narendra Modi Thursday asked young diplomats from the 2012 batch of the Indian Foreign Service to not get swayed by the razzmatazz of developed countries — where they will be posted soon — and instead project the strengths of their “motherland”.
The Indian Express has learnt that Modi, who interacted with the diplomats in Hindi, made his point using the adage, “Apni ma phate purane kapron mein bhi ho toh bhi ma hoti hai… aur mausi agar acchhe kapron mein ho toh bhi mausi hi rehti hai (your mother will remain your mother even if she is in old, torn clothes… your aunt will always be your aunt even if she is well-dressed).
“You should be proud of your country… go overseas and highlight the good things… there are bad things which, instead of criticising them, you should try to rectify,” he told the batch of 36 IFS officers, the largest so far. The batch, which includes 16 women — an all-time high — has people from 19 states.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
He said diplomats should concentrate on substantive issues instead of focusing on protocol. “Chammach kahan rakhna hai… in sab baaton se hatke… aapko Bharat ke saath trade aur sambandon ke baare mein kaam karna hoga (Instead of focusing on where to keep spoons, you should focus on trade and other aspects),” he is learnt to have said.