Five sitting MLAs from Maharashtra, including former Chief Minister Ashok Chavan, have made it to the 16th Lok Sabha from the state, which sends 48 members, the highest after Uttar Pradesh.
Chavan, who is the sitting MLA from Bhokar Assembly segment, was the only solace for the Congress, which faced an unprecedented defeat in the state, considered a Congress bastion winning his Nanded seat by a margin of 81,455 votes.
Nana Patole of BJP, who defeated NCP strongman Praful Patel from Bhandara-Gondiya parliamentary constituency, is an MLA from Sakoli.
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
Chintaman Wanga of BJP, who won the Palghar Lok Sabha seat is a sitting MLA from Vikramgad. Youth Congress chief Rajeev Satav, who scrapped through the Lok Sabha poll from Hingoli is a sitting legislator from Kalanuri.
BJP’s Gopal Shetty, who won Mumbai North Lok Sabha, is sitting MLA from Borivali.
However, the sitting legislators and ministers who lost are Chhagan Bhujbal (NCP) from Nashik, Suresh Dhas (NCP) from Beed, Sunil Tatkare (NCP) from Raigad, Shivajirao Moghe (Congress) from Yavatmal and Sanjay Deotale (Congress) from Chandrapur.
NCP stalwart Vijaysinh Mohite Patil, who won in Maadha is a sitting MLC.
Former Maharashtra legislators who won are Nitin Gadkari (Nagpur), Arvind Sawant (Mumbai South), Gajanan Kirtikar (Mumbai North West), Ashok Nete (Gadchiroli) and Sanjay Patil (Sangli).