Five sitting MLAs from Maharashtra, including former Chief Minister Ashok Chavan, have made it to the 16th Lok Sabha from the state, which sends 48 members, the highest after Uttar Pradesh.
Chavan, who is the sitting MLA from Bhokar Assembly segment, was the only solace for the Congress, which faced an unprecedented defeat in the state, considered a Congress bastion winning his Nanded seat by a margin of 81,455 votes.
Nana Patole of BJP, who defeated NCP strongman Praful Patel from Bhandara-Gondiya parliamentary constituency, is an MLA from Sakoli.
Chintaman Wanga of BJP, who won the Palghar Lok Sabha seat is a sitting MLA from Vikramgad. Youth Congress chief Rajeev Satav, who scrapped through the Lok Sabha poll from Hingoli is a sitting legislator from Kalanuri.
BJP’s Gopal Shetty, who won Mumbai North Lok Sabha, is sitting MLA from Borivali.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
However, the sitting legislators and ministers who lost are Chhagan Bhujbal (NCP) from Nashik, Suresh Dhas (NCP) from Beed, Sunil Tatkare (NCP) from Raigad, Shivajirao Moghe (Congress) from Yavatmal and Sanjay Deotale (Congress) from Chandrapur.
NCP stalwart Vijaysinh Mohite Patil, who won in Maadha is a sitting MLC.
Former Maharashtra legislators who won are Nitin Gadkari (Nagpur), Arvind Sawant (Mumbai South), Gajanan Kirtikar (Mumbai North West), Ashok Nete (Gadchiroli) and Sanjay Patil (Sangli).