Five labourers were killed in an explosion inside a factory manufacturing electrical fuses at a village near here in the wee hours on Friday.
The explosion occurred at around 3 am in Navbharat Fuse Factory at Urla village in Abhanpur region, around 30 kms from here, Raipur Superintendent of Police O P Pal told PTI.
The supervisor of the factory who was outside the premises at the time of the explosion escaped unhurt and later informed the police about the incident, he said.
A police team reached the spot and recovered the bodies, he said.
The deceased have been identified as Komal Singh Thakur, Rekhram Sahu, Ganeesh Harvansh, Makhanlal Nirmalkar and Punauram Yadav, all natives of nearby areas, the SP said.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
The cause of the blast is being investigated, he said, adding that a case has been registered in this connection.