Five labourers were killed in an explosion inside a factory manufacturing electrical fuses at a village near here in the wee hours on Friday.
The explosion occurred at around 3 am in Navbharat Fuse Factory at Urla village in Abhanpur region, around 30 kms from here, Raipur Superintendent of Police O P Pal told PTI.
The supervisor of the factory who was outside the premises at the time of the explosion escaped unhurt and later informed the police about the incident, he said.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
A police team reached the spot and recovered the bodies, he said.
The deceased have been identified as Komal Singh Thakur, Rekhram Sahu, Ganeesh Harvansh, Makhanlal Nirmalkar and Punauram Yadav, all natives of nearby areas, the SP said.
The cause of the blast is being investigated, he said, adding that a case has been registered in this connection.