Five improvised explosive devices (IEDs), suspected to have planted by Naxals to harm security personnel during just-held parliamentary polls, were recovered today in insurgency-hit Dantewada district of Chhattisgarh, police said.
The joint team of security personnel found five IEDs – four of 5 kgs each and a 15 kg one stealthily placed beneath Chhingnar-Muusalnar road under Geedam police station limits, Dantewada Superintendent of Police Narendra Khare said.
A team of 195 battalion of Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) and district force was mobilised in the restive Geedam region after getting a tip-off about the explosives being planted in the Chhingnar area, the SP said.
When they reached near the place they spotted five IEDs packed in steel containers averting a major mishap, he said. Besides, a 50-meter wire was also recovered from the spot. Prima facie it appears that the explosives were allegedly planted by rebels to target the security personnel during last month polling in the region. However, security personnel strictly followed the standard operating procedure (SOP) while moving through thisroute foiling the evil design of ultras, he said. The IED was immediately destroyed by the bomb disposal squad, the SP added.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016