Five improvised explosive devices (IEDs), suspected to have planted by Naxals to harm security personnel during just-held parliamentary polls, were recovered today in insurgency-hit Dantewada district of Chhattisgarh, police said.
The joint team of security personnel found five IEDs – four of 5 kgs each and a 15 kg one stealthily placed beneath Chhingnar-Muusalnar road under Geedam police station limits, Dantewada Superintendent of Police Narendra Khare said.
A team of 195 battalion of Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) and district force was mobilised in the restive Geedam region after getting a tip-off about the explosives being planted in the Chhingnar area, the SP said.
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
When they reached near the place they spotted five IEDs packed in steel containers averting a major mishap, he said. Besides, a 50-meter wire was also recovered from the spot. Prima facie it appears that the explosives were allegedly planted by rebels to target the security personnel during last month polling in the region. However, security personnel strictly followed the standard operating procedure (SOP) while moving through thisroute foiling the evil design of ultras, he said. The IED was immediately destroyed by the bomb disposal squad, the SP added.