Five youth have been detained for allegedly trying to disturb peace after they were found conducting certain rituals in a graveyard at Tura, police said on Wednesday.
The youth have been detained under Section 144 (unlawful assembly) and Section 188 (disobedience to order).
Various Christian groups have been warning that some people, especially the young, have taken to conduct of such unwanted rituals.
Taking note of the practice, Chief Minister Mukul Sangma has asked the district administration and the police to keep an eye on the phenomenon.
“Church members and all like-minded people will be involved in an exercise to root out the presence of such characters,” Sangma said.
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
Voicing concern, state home minister Roshan Warjri said the government was seized of the matter and was ‘disturbed’.
“The government will not take the matter lightly and is committed to taking necessary action in order to prevent young people from falling prey to such practices,” she asserted.
Fr John Madur, Shillong Archdiocese Chancellor, said, “We are aware that some of the young people have gone astray from the church”.