The RSS has for the first time reprinted a set of books about Jana Sangh leader Deendayal Upadhyaya, 23 years after the first edition was published and coinciding with the formation of the BJP’s first government with a full majority.
The first editions of Deendayal Upadhyaya: Ideology and Perception, comprising seven volumes, were published in 1991. Reprints were completed last April and reached RSS-run bookshops last month. Two additional volumes are being writen.
Suruchi Prakashan, run by the RSS, has printed 1,100 copies each in Hindi and English of six of the seven volumes — Deendayal Upadhyaya: A Profile; Integral Economic Policy; Politics for Nation’s Sake; Political Thought; Integral Humanism; and An Inquest. The seventh, Concept of The Rashtra, is yet to be reprinted.
Vijay Gupta, who manages the bookshop near RSS headquarters in Delhi, says the books had been in preparation for years. Suruchi Prakashan has published more than 400 titles, mostly in Hindi and English, and is one of two major RSS-run publishing centres, the other being Lokhit Prakashan in Lucknow. “We have sold around 100 sets of the new edition to various people, including research scholars and political activists besides RSS workers,” Gupta said.
Former HRD minister Murli Manohar Joshi will write one of the two additional volumes being planned. This will be on Upadhyaya’s views on education. “Joshi’s volume has been held up because of political events. But these should be completed in the next two months,” said an RSS leader. The other new volume will be on Upadhyaya’s views on environment and is being written by RSS kshetra sanghchalak Bajranglal Gupta.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Upadhyaya (1916-68) was among the founders of the Jana Sangh, which later became the BJP. When Narendra Modi was elected leader of the BJP parliamentary party on May 20, he had mentioned that 2016 will be the centenary of Upadhyaya’s year and praised his pro-poor ideals.
Another book on Upadhyaya, Ekatma manavvaad, a collection of essays on “integral humanism” by prominent Sangh Parivar leaders including late D B Thengdi, is set to be reprinted.