The RSS has for the first time reprinted a set of books about Jana Sangh leader Deendayal Upadhyaya, 23 years after the first edition was published and coinciding with the formation of the BJP’s first government with a full majority.
The first editions of Deendayal Upadhyaya: Ideology and Perception, comprising seven volumes, were published in 1991. Reprints were completed last April and reached RSS-run bookshops last month. Two additional volumes are being writen.
Suruchi Prakashan, run by the RSS, has printed 1,100 copies each in Hindi and English of six of the seven volumes — Deendayal Upadhyaya: A Profile; Integral Economic Policy; Politics for Nation’s Sake; Political Thought; Integral Humanism; and An Inquest. The seventh, Concept of The Rashtra, is yet to be reprinted.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
Vijay Gupta, who manages the bookshop near RSS headquarters in Delhi, says the books had been in preparation for years. Suruchi Prakashan has published more than 400 titles, mostly in Hindi and English, and is one of two major RSS-run publishing centres, the other being Lokhit Prakashan in Lucknow. “We have sold around 100 sets of the new edition to various people, including research scholars and political activists besides RSS workers,” Gupta said.
Former HRD minister Murli Manohar Joshi will write one of the two additional volumes being planned. This will be on Upadhyaya’s views on education. “Joshi’s volume has been held up because of political events. But these should be completed in the next two months,” said an RSS leader. The other new volume will be on Upadhyaya’s views on environment and is being written by RSS kshetra sanghchalak Bajranglal Gupta.
Upadhyaya (1916-68) was among the founders of the Jana Sangh, which later became the BJP. When Narendra Modi was elected leader of the BJP parliamentary party on May 20, he had mentioned that 2016 will be the centenary of Upadhyaya’s year and praised his pro-poor ideals.
Another book on Upadhyaya, Ekatma manavvaad, a collection of essays on “integral humanism” by prominent Sangh Parivar leaders including late D B Thengdi, is set to be reprinted.