An 8-year-old girl identified as Julia Vashum was charred to death while 31 houses were reduced to ashes in a fire at the interior Litan hill village in Manipur’s Ukhrul district, official sources said on Thursday.
Sources said the incident occurred on Wednesday, adding the cause of the fire was suspected to an electrical short short-circuit.
Explosion of domestic LPG cylinders fuelled the fire and worsened the damages of the houses and properties worth crores, according to initial reports.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Fire brigade personnel from Imphal and Ukhrul district headquarters took about two hours to reach the spot and another three hours to control the blaze, sources said.
Vashum was a student of class II at a nearby school, sources said, adding an investigation has been ordered to find out the exact cause of the fire and damages.