An 8-year-old girl identified as Julia Vashum was charred to death while 31 houses were reduced to ashes in a fire at the interior Litan hill village in Manipur’s Ukhrul district, official sources said on Thursday.
Sources said the incident occurred on Wednesday, adding the cause of the fire was suspected to an electrical short short-circuit.
Explosion of domestic LPG cylinders fuelled the fire and worsened the damages of the houses and properties worth crores, according to initial reports.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Fire brigade personnel from Imphal and Ukhrul district headquarters took about two hours to reach the spot and another three hours to control the blaze, sources said.
Vashum was a student of class II at a nearby school, sources said, adding an investigation has been ordered to find out the exact cause of the fire and damages.