Infants at a district hospital had a narrow escape after fire broke out at its Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), police said on Wednesday.
The blaze erupted at the hospital’s NICU late last evening following which the 37 infants in the ward were immediately rescued, Satna Superintendent of Police K C Jain said.
Police and fire brigade personnel rushed to the site and broke open the windows of the ward which was filled with smoke and rescued the infants, he said.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Eighteen infants were later shifted to SS Medical College at Rewa, the official said. The fire broke out apparently due to a short circuit, police said, adding that the flames were doused in about 30 minutes. Further investigation in the incident was on, police said.