An FIR has been lodged against former MP and sitting MLC Akshay Pratap Singh alias Gopalji and eight others in connection with the killing of two persons, including the son of a Congress leader, here on Saturday.
An FIR has been lodged at Jagdishpur police station against Gopalji, Rudra Pratap Singh, Neelkamal, Uday Pratap Singh and five unidentified persons, said Superintendent of Police Heera Lal.
Gopalji is the cousin of Uttar Pradesh minister and controversial MLA Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias Raja Bhaiyya.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
The case has been lodged under Section 302 (murder) and 307 (attempt to murder), among others, of IPC, the SP said.
Son of Congress leader Jang Bahadur Singh, Mahendra Pratap Singh (41) was shot dead by unidentified persons near Raniganj market while he was on his way home late last evening.
Mahendra’s close aide Suresh Kumar was also killed in the shootout while the driver of his car was injured.
Jang Bahadur Singh, is a former president of Uttar Pradesh Rajya Bhandaran Nigam, which is a state minister-rank profile.