An FIR has been lodged against former MP and sitting MLC Akshay Pratap Singh alias Gopalji and eight others in connection with the killing of two persons, including the son of a Congress leader, here on Saturday.
An FIR has been lodged at Jagdishpur police station against Gopalji, Rudra Pratap Singh, Neelkamal, Uday Pratap Singh and five unidentified persons, said Superintendent of Police Heera Lal.
Gopalji is the cousin of Uttar Pradesh minister and controversial MLA Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias Raja Bhaiyya.
The case has been lodged under Section 302 (murder) and 307 (attempt to murder), among others, of IPC, the SP said.
Son of Congress leader Jang Bahadur Singh, Mahendra Pratap Singh (41) was shot dead by unidentified persons near Raniganj market while he was on his way home late last evening.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Mahendra’s close aide Suresh Kumar was also killed in the shootout while the driver of his car was injured.
Jang Bahadur Singh, is a former president of Uttar Pradesh Rajya Bhandaran Nigam, which is a state minister-rank profile.