Family members of Father Alexis Prem Kumar, the aid worker who was abducted on Monday from Herat in Afghanistan by unidentified gunmen, on Tuesday sought immediate intervention by the Centre and Tamil Nadu government for rescuing him.
Alexis’s 77-year-old father Anthony, brother Albert Manohar and sister Elezabath met District Collector V Rajaraman and submitted a plea requesting immediate intervention by the Central and State governments to secure his safe release.
The functionaries of the Society Jesuaity of Tamil Nadu Diocese also met the Collector and made a similar request.
Anthony, a retired teacher residing at Devakottai in the district, told PTI that 47-year-old Kumar was the eldest among his five children.
He said Alexis went to Herat in 2011 for doing social works and helping poor people. He came to home in February and left to Afghanistan on March from New Delhi.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“He used to talk to us frequently over phone from there and always said that there was no problem for him though activities of militants were there,” Anthony said.
“I request the State and Central governments to take necessary steps immediately to rescue my son from the militants,” Anthony said.