A fake letter by Uma Bharati expressing a wish to contest from here, a fake sting operation involving sitting MP Kailash Joshi, mysterious hoardings welcoming L K Advani to the Madhya Pradesh capital, the delay over announcement of its candidate for Bhopal seat. The events of the past few days are causing a great deal of embarrassment for the BJP.
Just when it appeared that Advani’s decision to settle for Gandhinagar had finally ended conjectures over his possible candidature from Bhopal, a letter purportedly written by Bharati surfaced Friday, which said she was keen on contesting from Bhopal, not Jhansi from where she has been fielded.
The letter purpotedly written by Bharati and carried by a section of the media quoted her as accusing CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan and state chief Narendra Tomar of going great lengths to ensure that she is kept out of the state.
In the evening, Bharati issued an official statement saying she never wrote any letter to party chief Rajnath Singh. “All this is baseless, unfounded and shameful,’’ she said blaming the forged letter on “forces that are hatching conspiracies to create hurdles to prevent Narendra Modi from becoming Prime Minister and BJP from coming to power’’.
She said she had come to Nagpur Thursday to address a meeting along with Nitin Gadkari and Prahlad Patel and was stuck there due a leg injury. She said she could travel to Jhansi only after medical advice.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The fake letter surfaced amid speculation that she was in Nagpur to meet top RSS leaders.
It’s an open secret that MP BJP leaders want Bharati to be kept away from the state arguing that that her presence could destabilise the party and the government.
The fake letter followed another controversy over a fake sting operation that showed Joshi, sitting at his home accompanied by local leaders, jokingly demanding Rs 1 crore from someone over the phone.
While Congress approached the EC with copies of the ‘sting operation’, Joshi’s son and minister in MP government Deepak Joshi alleged that an hour before the CD was made public he got a call from a local television network demanding money for hushing up the matter. He said he would approach the police after getting call records.