With the arrest of two persons in Bhayander, the crime branch of Thane district rural police on Saturday claimed to have busted a bogus educational certificate racket. The accused, identified as Mahendra Rajendra Chavan (28) from Andheri and Sikandar Sahabuddin Shaikh (19) from Uttan Bhayander, were arrested yesterday following a raid at a cyber cafe in Bhayander.
“Acting on a tip-off that some persons were printing and selling bogus school leaving certificates, the district rural police raided Pancharatna Cyber Cafe and seized fake documents from them,” PI Kishore Khairnar said.
According to police, the cyber cafe was printing school leaving certificates of ninth standard of the schools like Abhinav Vidyalaya, Virtan of Palghar taluka in Thane. They were mainly being printed for autorickshaw drivers for the renewal of the permits for their vehicles.
Besides the bogus certificates, computers, a printer, and other material used for preparation of the certificates was also seized, police said. The duo has been booked under various sections of the IPC and further investigation is on.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016