With the arrest of two persons in Bhayander, the crime branch of Thane district rural police on Saturday claimed to have busted a bogus educational certificate racket. The accused, identified as Mahendra Rajendra Chavan (28) from Andheri and Sikandar Sahabuddin Shaikh (19) from Uttan Bhayander, were arrested yesterday following a raid at a cyber cafe in Bhayander.
“Acting on a tip-off that some persons were printing and selling bogus school leaving certificates, the district rural police raided Pancharatna Cyber Cafe and seized fake documents from them,” PI Kishore Khairnar said.
According to police, the cyber cafe was printing school leaving certificates of ninth standard of the schools like Abhinav Vidyalaya, Virtan of Palghar taluka in Thane. They were mainly being printed for autorickshaw drivers for the renewal of the permits for their vehicles.
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
Besides the bogus certificates, computers, a printer, and other material used for preparation of the certificates was also seized, police said. The duo has been booked under various sections of the IPC and further investigation is on.