An FIR has been registered here against an unidentified person for posting controversial pictures containing alleged derogatory references to warrior king Shivaji and Shiv Sena leader late Bal Thackeray on social networking site Facebook, police said on Sunday.
The FIR was registered against the person last night under IPC section 295A (deliberate and malicious acts, intended to outrage religious feelings of any class by insulting its religion or religious beliefs) and relevant sections of the IT Act, an official at Mulund Police Station told PTI.
After spotting the Facebook posts which contained the alleged derogatory references, Shiv Sena activist Avinash Bagal complained at the police station on Saturday.
According to sources, Cyber Cell of the Mumbai police had, with the help of Facebook administration, blocked one account which contained objectionable pictures last night.
However, a second Facebook account had been created by an unidentified person which was also blocked by police with the help of social networking site.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Shiv Sainiks staged protests in Pune and its surrounding localities last night and this morning and pelted stones at buses irked over the Facebook posts.
About eight buses were damaged in the incidents as the Sena activists took to the streets.
In 2012, two girls were arrested over a controversial Facebook post on late Bal Thackeray.