An FIR has been registered here against an unidentified person for posting controversial pictures containing alleged derogatory references to warrior king Shivaji and Shiv Sena leader late Bal Thackeray on social networking site Facebook, police said on Sunday.
The FIR was registered against the person last night under IPC section 295A (deliberate and malicious acts, intended to outrage religious feelings of any class by insulting its religion or religious beliefs) and relevant sections of the IT Act, an official at Mulund Police Station told PTI.
After spotting the Facebook posts which contained the alleged derogatory references, Shiv Sena activist Avinash Bagal complained at the police station on Saturday.
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
According to sources, Cyber Cell of the Mumbai police had, with the help of Facebook administration, blocked one account which contained objectionable pictures last night.
However, a second Facebook account had been created by an unidentified person which was also blocked by police with the help of social networking site.
Shiv Sainiks staged protests in Pune and its surrounding localities last night and this morning and pelted stones at buses irked over the Facebook posts.
About eight buses were damaged in the incidents as the Sena activists took to the streets.
In 2012, two girls were arrested over a controversial Facebook post on late Bal Thackeray.