We’re close to the end of the largest electoral exercise in India’s history, and it’s been a crazy roller coaster. Since we’ve all thought and spoken about nothing else in the past month, it might be a good idea to look at the lighter side of all of this, with the funniest tweets about India LS 2014:
How to view inter-party squabbles best
Do Congress candidates leave their hands at home? RT @firstpostin Congress files complaint against Modi for displaying BJP lotus near booth.
— Ramesh Srivats (@rameshsrivats) April 30, 2014
Old jokes in swanky new bottles
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Charlie Chaplin was a combination of Manmohan Singh & Rahul Gandhi – Silent, but still Hilarious!
— Sunil (@akshaykanitkar) April 28, 2014
Everyone can be a politician, right?
It’s voting Day in Ahmedabad tomorrow. Never thought i’d see this day where I’ll be voting for the guy who played Baburao in Hera Pheri.
— Trendulkar (@Trendulkar) April 29, 2014
Bollywood and politics do mix
If Congress wins, this would make for a fantastic “Five more years Manmohan” tweet. pic.twitter.com/21rGpka2jP
— Malayali Of The Year (@sidin) April 27, 2014
Do you really care enough?
Also, once the elections are over, we can start Twitter fights on the real issues like: “Oye, tune Sallu Bhai ko dumb kaise bolaa??”
— The Bad Doctor (@doctoratlarge) April 30, 2014
MI and RCB have had a tough first leg of the IPL, haven’t they?
Dear Mumbai and Bangalore This is what you get for not voting. Yours Truly God
— Bhak Sala (@bhak_sala) April 28, 2014