1. INTERIM BUDGET 2014: In what could be seen as a politically sensitive move, the last budget of the UPA-II government has made it essential for the next government to raise taxes sharply to finance capital expenditure to boost growth.
Economy headache for next government, reports Subhomoy Bhattacharjee
2. CLARIFYING STAND: Former Delhi chief minister Arvind Kejriwal caught his audience by surprise on Monday saying he firmly believes all business in the country should be privately owned and that he nor his party agreed with colleague Prashant Bhushan’s view that all enterprises should be state-owned.
AAP against crony capitalism, not capitalism: Kejriwal tells Abantika Ghosh
3. SPEAKING UP: The annulment of her two-year-old marriage to someone in her conservative, Amroha-based family, has set the young nuclear physicist back somewhat, but she is determined now to talk about the injustice that women like her continue to face — despite their success in the outside world, and despite parental support.
Groom, qazi make Yale nuclear physicist victim of ‘fake’ divorce, special report by Seema Chishti
4. NO TO FRISKING: They have opposed it in the past and not many are for it even now. The suggestion that MPs be frisked before they enter the House seems to have touched a raw nerve of lawmakers.
MPs resent idea of frisking, body scanners at Parliament, reports Raghvendra Rao
5. AAP’S POLICY: The AAP has rightly tapped into the democracy deficit, promising to bring governance closer to the people. But is it making a necessary distinction between popular will and popular sentiment? The concept of popular will has an irreducible element of deliberation and judgement.
Importance of being dull, opinion by Ashutosh Varshney
North India Freezes, People Shiver As Cold Wave Continues
Muslims Should Gracefully Hand Over Babri Site – Swamy (special Interview) (part -3)
Muslims Should Gracefully Hand Over Babri Site – Swamy (special Interview) (part -2)
Muslims Should Gracefully Hand Over Babri Site – Swamy (special Interview) (part -1)